The effect of educational intervention on sexual function of women referred to Health center of southern Tehran
AbstractIntroduction: Sexual health educationcan enable the people to improve their sexual behaviors. This study aimed to examine the impact of sexual education program on improving sexual behavior among married women in Southern Tehran.Methods &Materials: This semi-experimental study was conducted on 130 women took part in two groups of intervention and control (each one 65 individuals). The intervention group complied with two 180 -minute training sessions. Data were gathered from two groups at initial of the study and 3- month follow up through demographic questionnaire and scale of women sexual function and were analyzed with independent and paired T tests. Findings: Totally 65 women took part with mean age of 35.6 ± 7.75 and 35.15± 6.85 in two groups of intervention and control respectively. At first, there were no significant differences between two groups in terms of demographic characteristics and score of sexual function scale. However, after three months the sexual behaviors of intervention group (28.14 ± 3.44 were significantly much better than control group 22.79 ± 6.60 (p <0/0001).Conclusion: Sexual health training can improve sexual function in women. However sexual health training of women could be important approaches for improving the sexual function of women and is recommended.
-Gibbs Rs,et al. Danforth's Obstetrics and Gynecology.10th ed. RS,et al. Danforth's Obstetrics and Gynecology.10th edition. Philadelphia;Lippincott Williams & Wilkins; 2008.
- Rafaie shirpak Kh, et al. Sexuality and Sexual Health.Textbook of Public Health.3 th ed;1012.P.1591-1595. )Persian(.
-Segraves RT. Female sexual disorders: Psychiatric aspects. Can J Psychiatry 2002; 47: 419-25
-Ramezani Tehrani F, Farahmand M, Mehrabi Y, Malek Afzali H, Abedini M. Prevalence of female sexual dysfunction and its correlated factors: a population based study. Payesh 2012; 11: 869-875. )Persian(.
- Dehghani A, mohamad khani P,unosi J. Influence of Sexy Skills Training of Attitude of Sex in Young Couples.knowledge&research in applied psychology. 2006; 8(30): 21-48. )Persian(.
-Pakgohar M, Mirmohammadali M, Mahmoudi M, Farnam F.Effect of pre-marriage counseling on the sexual health.The Journal of Faculty of Nursing & Midwifery 2005;11(3-4) :39-46. )Persian(.
-Roland D, Incrocci L. Handbook of sexual and gender identity disorders. New Jersey: John Wiley and sons; 2008: 199-202.
- Bernhard LA. Sexuality and sexual health care for women. Clinical Obstetrics and Gynecology 2002; 45:1089-98
-Yekeh fallah L, Goodarzi M. Prevalence of sexual dysfunction and related factors among married couples in Qazvin. JQUMS 2009;1:94-102. )Persian(.
- salari M.To determine the frequency of sexual dysfunction among married women 82-81 Yazd. The second congress of family and sexual problems.2000.(Persian).
- Bahrainis A, Saki K. Sexual dysfunction in a community population.IJEM. 1999; 1 (4):294-298.(Persian).
- Bolourian Z, Ganjloo J. Evaluating sexual dysfunction and some related factors in women attending Sabzevar health care centers. J Reprod Infertil. 2007;8:163-70.(Persian).
- Safarinejad MR. Female sexual dysfunction in a population-based study in Iran: prevalence and associated risk factors. International Journal of Impotence Research 2006; 18: 382-92
- Laumann EO, Paik A, Rosen RC. Sexual dysfunction in the United States: prevalence and predictors. JAMA 1999 Feb; 281(6) :537-44
- Spence S, Tuzandejani H, Mohammady M, et al. Sexual dysfunction treatment. 1st ed. Tehran: Payk farhang; 2002. p. 348-49.
- Laurent M, Simons AD. Sexual dysfunction in depression and anxiety conceptualizing sexual dysfunction as part of an internalizing dimension. Clinical Psychology Review 2009;29(7): 573-585
- Berek JS. Berek & Novak’s gynecology. 14th ed. Philadelphia:Lippincott Williams & Wilkins;2007:314.
-Warnock JJ. Female hypoactive sexual desire disorder: epidemiology, diagnosis and treatment.CNS Drugs 2002;16(11):745-53.
-Jahanfar SH, Molaeinezhad M. Darsname Ekhtelalate Jensi. 3rd ed. Tehran: Bizhe &
Salemi; 2001. p. 11. (Persian)
International Technical Guidance on Sexuality Education. UNESCO; December 2009
- Refaie-shirpak KH, Eftekhar-ardebili H, Mohammad K, et al. Incorporation of sex education services - care centers in Tehran. Payesh. 2006;6:243-56.(Persian).
- Hassanzadeh R, Mahmoudi G, Khalilian A.The effects of sex education on the prevention of sexual problems. The second congress of family and sexual problems.2000.(Persian).
- Mahmodi Gh, Hassanzadeh R, Heidari G. The effect of sex education on family health on Mazandran medical university students. Ofogh-e-Danesh GMUHS Journal; 2007; 13(2):64-71(Persian)
- Mohammadi KH, Heidari M, Faghihzadeh S.The female sexual function index (FSFI):Validation of The Iranian Version. Payesh 2008; 7(3):269-78.(Persian).
- Salmani Z, Tadayon M, Alavifazel K. Prevalence and Etiology of Orgasm Disorders in Women. Behbood Journal- The Scientific Quarterly 2010; 14(1): 82-90.(Persian).
Kilmann PR, Mills KH, Bella B, Caid C, Davidson E, Drose G, Wanlass R. The effects of sex education on women with secondary orgasmic dysfunction. Journal of Sex & Marital Therapy. 1983;9(1)
- Beigi M. The role of gender awareness in the prevention of postmenopausal sexual dysfunction. The second congress of family and sexual problems.2000.(Persian).
-Rafii F,varanipour R.Effects of cognitive Training-Behavioral marital satisfaction of married coupies, students in Tehran university dormitory. Counseling Research & Developments.2005;14(4):25-40.(Persian).
- Shams Mofaraheh Z, Shahsiyah M, Mohebi S, Tabaraee. TheEffect of martial counseling on sexual satisfaction of couples in Shiraz city. J health system. 2010; 6(3):417-24. .(Persian)
- Pakgohar M, Mir-mohammadali M, Mahmoudi M. Farnam F. study of pre-marriage counseling effect on the couple sexual health. Hayat. 2005; 11(3-4): 39-46.(Persian).
- Karimi A,Dadgar S, Afiat M, Rahimi N.The Effect of Sexual Health Education on Couples’ Sexual Satisfaction.IJOGI 2013; 15( 42) : 23-30. (Persian).
- Mojdeh F, Zeighami Mohamadi sh. The Relationship between Depression and Sexual Function Index among Married Women. Scientific Journal of Hamadan Nursing & Midwifery Faculty 2013; 21(1):41-48.(Persian).
- Chedraui P, Pe´rez-Lo´ pez FR, San Miguel G, Avila C. Assessment of sexuality among middle-aged women using the Female Sexual Function Index. Climactric 2009 Jun; 12:213–221
- Ebrahimipour H, Jalambadany Z, Peyman N, Ismaili H, Vafaii A.Najjar1 Effect of sex education, based on the theory of planned behavior, on the sexual function of the woman attending Mashhad health centers. Journal of Birjand University of Medical Sciences. 2013; 20 (1): 58-67.(Persian).
Greenberg J, Brues C, Haffner D. Exploring the dimension of human sexuality. 3th ed Boston: Janes &Bartlet; 2002. 62.
Thistle S, Carolin R. Sex & relationship education. J Nursing Standard 2002; 17(1): 44-65
Christopher FS, Sprecher S. Sexuality in marriage, dating, and other relationships. Journal of Marriage and Family 2002; 62: 999-1017
Santrock JW. Life-span development. 6th ed. Boston (MA): McGraw Hill; 1997.
Baron RA, Byrne DR, Branscombe NR. Mastering Social Psychology. New York: Instock 2006.
-Eshghi R, Bahrami F, Fatehizade MAS.The study of effectiveness couple sexual cognitive behavioral therapy on improvement of sexual self- confidence, sexual self- disclosure and sexual knowledge in frigid women Isfahan. Counseling Research & Development. 2007;6:83-96.)Persian(